Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Friends

I just caught the last episode of the season finale of 'Friends'. As with many others, I can't believe that the long-running show - 10 seasons of laughter, 230 episodes of friendship ups and downs, is finally over. Honestly, I've never been much of a fan of watching tv series but watching 'Friends' has really been an exception. I could sit around all day just watching episode after episode. Not only is it really funny but through the years, I've grown with the characters of the show, at times identifying with them, other times, (believe it or not) learning from them. Sometimes though, it makes me look at my own life and make me wish that I could have friends like the characters in the show. They were such a tight group who went through life's ups and downs together. Not that I'm complaining about anything, it's just that once in a while there is that pang of loneliness that makes one wish for something more. Someone once told me that the friends we make from school or from work sometimes tend to be just friends of circumstance. We become friends only becasue the circumstance calls for it, like school projects or group works. When the circumstance ends however, it's as if you've never known each other at all. There have been times that I have felt I've never actually made any real friend at all, that they were all just friends borne out of circumstance. That thought used to bother me a lot but somehow I have realized that it is not just a 1-way street; that if I started living up to the word "friend" a bit more myself, I may not be worrying about not having real friends at all. Right now, I am quite happy to say that I have found them - friends, true friends. Still a far cry from the bunch in the TV series but best of friends nonetheless and I just want to say thank you to them.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year
But ... I'll be there for you
When the rain starts to pour
I'll be there for you
Like I've been there before
I'll be there for you
'cause you're there for me too.

3 Comments:

  • am not much fan of tv series, especially 'Friends', but i do hear about it before (from you hehe) but what the heck, congratulatons for watching 230 episodes of em hehe. am not so sure if am still part of that "close tie of frends" but thanks for letting me become one before :) yea ur not the only one thinking that some frends are just "frends of circumstance", believe me, i understand that concept better here 133 kilometers away =D but it is from these "frends of circumstance" that we get to encounter our "real frends to be". u myt not know it or notice it, but u'll just be surprised how much frends u have when the time calls for it.

    * u really enjoy blogging eh? hehe

    Tsarls

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 am  

  • "Life is to be fortified by many friendships.
    To love and to be loved is the greatest happiness of existence." ~Sydney Smith

    C-C-C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 am  

  • we have a complete set of the friends dvd..in comes with a good box and dvd..nice collection...you get to see them get old ..i mean mature...ok...look very very old..

    By Blogger NOOKIE, at 3:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home