Friday, October 08, 2004


It's finally out! Posted by Hello
After weeks of preparation, the 2-man newsletter committee finally coughed out some stuff. It looks pretty good, thanks to my editor who just happens to be a member of the university paper and yearbook committee way back in college. It's 16 pages in all for only 12 bucks (not anymore the 10 I mentioned in my previous blog). Though there was the fear that the 2-peso increase would send people complaining till the end of days, we really are in dire need of money!

Unfortunately, rather fortunately, I was tasked to sell the newsletter to my team and the QA's, a total of 13 people excluding the editor and me. I dropped by each cubicle to "alok" the newsletter. It wasn't as hard as I expected. They need only to take a look at the front cartoon, flip a few pages, see the centerfold (a sample of which is posted in the previous blog 'Cartoon for 1st Issue'), utter a "wow" and out comes 12 bucks from their pockets. There were some though who gave me a hard time, still, they paid up and added that "kung hindi lang maganda...". There was one who was kind enough to let me keep the change because she liked the newsletter so much and even thought it was worth more than 12 bucks. Oh God bless you! I was already dancing in the clouds at that time. It's so nice to know that all the hardwork finally paid off. Thank you all for making my day!

1 Comments:

  • oi!! di ako taga PAL so dapat free of charge na yan!! hehhee!! joke!! patingin naman ng issue!! mukhang may "touch of cherdz" ata yng issue kaya naging hotcake..hihihi!!! Galing tlga!! - pamie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home