Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year's Eve


New Year's Eve Posted by Hello

HapPy NeW YeaR eveRyoNe!

6 minutes from the start of 2005 and I'm blogging already! Talk about starting the year right hehe.

We had the usual New Year's Eve dinner with some kinsfolk, which lasted far shorter than the whole preparation. As there was not much to do afterwards, each family member went his own way. A pang of loneliness started creeping in as I was not able to find anything to occupy myself with. I knew that there was no place for it though. It's New Year's Eve! Not even the loneliest of the lonely should feel the least bit lonesome even just for today. But there was just no one to talk with on the phone, no one to chat with online, no one to text with (and I don't mean just sending a New Year's forwarded greeting and getting another version back), and no one to do stuffs with.

"Phew! Bo-ring!"
"Might as well clean some mess up before the coming year."
I was in the midst of rearranging stuffs when the I caught sight of the yellow smiley ball grinning at me, as if beckoning me to pick it up. Well, who can resist a smile like that? I grabbed the ball, totally forgot about cleaning up, and started shooting some baskets on the miniature basketball hoop stuck behind the door. My kid brother evenutally joined me and challenged a game of shooting. "Sure", I said. Not even bothering to change from the clothes I've worn to dinner, I folded my pants up, and donned a pair of plush Hello Kitty slippers (the thick one with cushions, with the big head design) to finish my utterly inappropriate outfit. An hour or so of shooting later, our clothes were soaked, our legs were tired (at least mine was), but our spirits soared. We had a great time. It was a great way to kill time while waiting for midnight to strike.

Less than an hour before 12, the house was silent again. My kid brother had gone back to their place, my big brother had gone to sleep (so much for getting all worked up for midnight). I spent the remaining time changing to cleaner clothes, stuffing my pocket with coins (and some bills), opening up all the lights, and sending some last-minute New Year greetings. I constantly watched the clock, tick tock, tick tock, impatiently waiting for the hand to strike 12. When it finally did, I started jumping. Yes, jumping. While texting more Happy New Years with one hand and clanging the coins loudly in my pocket with the other, I jumped happily, without any care that I'm already 21 and have no chance of getting any taller. For me, ushering in the New Year just won't be complete without jumping. Twenty years from now, when I'm already 41 and you still catch me jumping, don't think me weird hehe.

Once again, haPpy new year! Hope 2005 will promise a brigther and better tomorrow Ü

2 Comments:

  • yeah...it is so sad. I watched CNN almost the whole afternoon today about the latest development about on Tsunami Disaster and it had reached to more than 131,000. I saw some still pictures and I was really sadden by it. I think we can help them by praying for them. Praying for their health, and may God help them, help them bounce back from this terrible situation. ~ C.C.C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 am  

  • Oops...sorry..I posted at the wrong topic, anyways, I wish you a Happy New Year!! ~ C.C.C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home